Request for Presenters (RFP)
We invites submissions for the 2019 API Mental Health Empowerment Conference to present and/or facilitate workshops to highlight and help address the following barriers through the lens of legislation, policy, or advocacy activities:
1. Outreach, Education and Access: Promoting understanding, hope and linkage to services.
2. Culturally Appropriate Services: addressing individual's and family's needs, as well as, trauma informed care.
3. Quality Services:
Specific Population: Children, adolescents, older adults, LGBTQ, addiction, co-occurring disorders, etc.
Specialty Services: Medication, Psychiatry, Nutrition, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Genetics, etc.
Promoting Community Engagement
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to review the RFP invitation letter by Fresno County Department of Behavioral Health Director, Dawan Utecht, to learn more about the intentions, learning objectives and purposes for workshops we want to highlight at the APIMHEC 2019.
RFP SUBMISSION HAS ENDED
Please fill out this form completely. Preferred submission method is this online RFP application. Selection will be primarily based on the information you provide here. If you have any questions, please contact (949) 431-6374 or email
REVIEW AND SELECTION PROCESS:
The process to accept presentations is highly competitive as there are a limited number of workshops and space available. Proposals that are clearly written and have clear obtainable objectives will be given preference.
Proposals will be scored on the following factors:
1. Content (80%)
Relevance to the conference theme, goals, and intentions
Advancement of API mental health empowerment
Scientific or programmatic validity of research and services (if appropriate)
Timeliness of topic
Creativity and innovation
Representation of diversity of API communities
2. Presenter Background and Experience (20%)
Expertise in topic
You will receive an email acknowledging the receipt of your proposal.
We will notify all submitters by October 4, 2019 if their proposal was accepted.
RULES OF PARTICIPATION:
1. Presenters may submit proposals on behalf of a single presenter or group in partnership with or endorsed by an organization, or panel of no more than three (3) people.
2. Accepted submissions must be presented at the scheduled time allotted by the Program Planning Committee.
3. If the presenter has commercial products and/or services to promote, this may be done by purchasing an exhibitors table in advance. In the event that space is purchased, you may invite individuals to visit the table.